1/3 Photos of Zucchini-Bacon Pasta Toss
A quick, savory side dish that includes veggies and starch in one with enough bacon and cheese that it may make a meat unnecessary. Its healthier cooked in olive oil but if you want to indulge substitute bacon grease. Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rotini pasta or 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 -2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 zucchini (~8 inch) or 2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese, divided
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat olive oil in a very large skillet (I like to use my cast iron chicken fryer), and begin to saute onion on medium-high heat.
- 2When onion is half cooked add squash and saute, stirring frequently until onion is browned and squash is nearly cooked.
- 3Add bacon, Parmesan, and black pepper. Cover and let rest 3-5 minutes to soften cheese.
- 4Toss with hot pasta and 1/4 cup Asiago cheese. Turn into serving dish. Top with remaining Asiago Cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Bacon Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: