Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Zucchini side dish is adapted from Bon Appetit (May, 1983) is submitted because of a request for uses of zucchini and avocado.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- sour cream (optional)
- chives (optional)
- chopped chili pepper, garnish (optional)
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add zucchini and green pepper to skillet and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in serving dish.
- Add avocado and mushrooms to zucchini mixture and sprinkle with cheese and chili powder.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with sour cream, chives and/or chopped chili peppers.
Tasted OK but No eye appeal. Maybe if it was wrapped in a tortilla and topped with the sour cream and chives. Needed salt and some herbs so I added thyme and parsley It would have been more appealing if layered and topped with cheese then browned under the broiler.I also divided the butter cooking 1 tablespoon with the mushrooms and three with the zucchini and peppers.Garlic would have been a good thing.