Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another way to make zucchini!
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour.
- Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg and Tabasco sauce.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Stir in egg.
- Pour mixture into 8" pie plate or quiche pan.
- Combine crumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the top of the blend.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 35 minutes.
- Brown briefly under broiler.
This was good. I will try a different cheese next time as I don't care for Parmesan. Adding some sauteed onion would also be an option. Thanks for the recipe.
This tasted wonderful. My husband really liked it. Only thing I did different was add garlic. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Really enjoyed this dish and found that it reheated beautifully. Thanks, Oolala, for sharing it!