Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 kg zucchini, thinly sliced do not peel
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 411 g dried tomatoes, garlic basil and oregano flavor
- 250 g spaghetti sauce with parmesan
- 225 g bar cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a wide pan, over high heat, saute zucchini slices in olive oil until cooked and slightly browned. You can do this in two batches for easier handling. Set aside in a colander to drain excess liquid.
- In a blender or food processor, puree diced tomatoes until smooth. Pour into a bowl and blend in spaghetti sauce.
- On the bottom of a shallow baking dish, spread a thin coating of tomato sauce. Arrange zucchini slices in an overlapping manner to cover the sauce. Sprkinle one-third of the grated Cheddar cheese on top.
- Repeat with a layer of zucchini, tomato sauce, and cheese until three layers of each are created, ending with cheese on top. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese all over.
- Bake for about one hour or until top is browned. Let rest for 20 minutes to let the gartin set.