Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Bed & Breakfast in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- 16 ounces fresh zucchini
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces asiago cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped Canadian bacon
- Slice and quarter zucchini (not too thin) and melt butter in saute pan.
- Add zucchini and saute until heated through but not browned.
- Empty zucchini from pan into bowl and set aside.
- Saute Canadian bacon on same pan until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and fold into zucchini.
- Spread zucchini/bacon mixture in an even layer in a glass 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half (2 ounces) of the Asiago cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and half& half.
- Pour egg mixture over zucchini.
- Sprinkle all the Monterey Jack cheese over entire pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining Asiago cheese over the frittata.
- Return pan to oven until cheese is melted and light brown, approximately 5 minutes.