Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Zucchini and garlic fried in olive oil and topped with Asiago cheese in the broiler - I can assure you, whether you like zucchini or not, you will love this.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 -3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese (parmesan will also work)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Score zucchinis, add a squeeze of lemon juice and add salt and pepper lightly. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- Add garlic bits to the olive oil.
- Brown both sides of zucchinis in the garlic and oil.
- Sprinkle asiago cheese on cut side of zucchinis and oven broil on a cookie sheet until cheese browns.
- Serve while warm.
Awesome way to make zucchini! I cut the olive oil amount in half, but that is all I changed. I like the hint of tanginess from the lemon juice. The zucchini was perfectly cooked, not too crunchy and not mushy. I'll use this method again. Thanx!
I love this cooking method - makes the zucchini perfectly tender. I wasn't crazy about the asiago (which I normally like), because it was a bit overpowering. Next time I'll try a gruyere/Parmesan combo and maybe throw in some breadcrumbs, too. Thanks much!
WOW! This was excellent. Had no asiago so tried the parmesan, but will definitely try asiago next time.