1/1 Photo of Zucchini Apple Pie
1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe from another Zaarite who just didn't have the time to post it (and that time is NOW!). With Sherry's kind permission, here is a recipe that she says "it's fun to watch them eat it and THEN tell them it's not apples!".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini (to make about 10 cups thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 10-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
For crumb topping
- 1Peel zucchini and slice in half lengthwise.
- 2Scrape out soft center and seeds, and slice thin.
- 3Combine lemon juice and water.
- 4Put sliced zucchini and lemon water into a deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, and simmer, stirring often until zucchini is limp& opaque.
- 5Volume will reduce by about half.
- 6Drain but do not rinse.
- 7Leave over sink to continue to drain.
- 8Fit pie crust to pan.
- 9In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg& salt.
- 10Add zucchini slices to bowl and toss to mix well.
- 11Put zucchini mixture in pie shell.
- 12For crumb topping, mix all dry ingredients.
- 13Cut in margarine.
- 14Put all crumbs on top of pie.
- 15Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
10-inch deep dish pie crust