Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy! Tastes a bit like quiche, but you don't have to fuss with a crust. Just mix everything and bake.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread in greased 8 x 8 square pan.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.
- Can be served hot or cold (I prefer hot).
- Freezes well.
Very GOOD,I did adjust to my families diet which meant, doubling the recipe,exchanging 1/2 the oil for milk,and using Egg beaters instead of eggs.I used low fat cheese(15%m.f.)The fat content was significantly lowered and the kids fought over who gets the outside pieces!
I have Kim Novak's recipe for this but instead of cheddar she uses Parmesan and she has 3 cups of thinly sliced zucchini. This makes a good side dish too.
I tried freezing these after cooking them as suggested. THEY DID NOT FREEZE WELL for me. After thawing you get a squish of water in your mouth if you don't cook them again. I will try recipe again but WON'T FREEZE THEM.