Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great way to use up all the summer zucchini. Posted for Zaar World Tour. Source is a Moosewood cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick half-moons
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 -6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 cup feta cheese, grated
- Sauté the onions and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add the zucchini and marjoram and cook on medium heat until squash is just tender.
- If too dry to simmer, add in 1/4 cup water. This dish should be juicy.
- Add the garbanzos, olives, cumin, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Continue to cook until everything is heated. Don't let the zucchini get too soft.
- Adjust the lemon and herbs to your taste and ladle the vegetables over couscous or rice.
- Top with feta cheese.
I made this with couscous, which really enhanced the flavor of the meal. My family and I have decided to eat 3 vegetarian meals week, and this was the first one I made. I was so happy with the results! The portions were great, and no one missed the meat! I will be making this again and again!
Yum! I LOVED the lemon juice in this as well as the feta cheese. I havent used marjoram much but its very floral! WOW! It all went together so great. Thanks!
This made a very enjoyable meal. It is also blissfully easy to make. I was a bit mean with the oil and lemon juice, but generous with the olives.