1/2 Photos of Zucchini Ankara
Great way to use up all the summer zucchini. Posted for Zaar World Tour. Source is a Moosewood cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick half-moons
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 -6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 cup feta cheese, grated
- 1Sauté the onions and garlic until onion is translucent.
- 2Add the zucchini and marjoram and cook on medium heat until squash is just tender.
- 3If too dry to simmer, add in 1/4 cup water. This dish should be juicy.
- 4Add the garbanzos, olives, cumin, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- 5Continue to cook until everything is heated. Don't let the zucchini get too soft.
- 6Adjust the lemon and herbs to your taste and ladle the vegetables over couscous or rice.
- 7Top with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Ankara
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 739.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g