Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pancake cut into 4 wedges makes this a great healthy meal..
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, broken into 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup lower sodium marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 up grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place zucchini in a collander, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, toss well and drain for 20 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Bring marinara to a simmer in a small saucepan, keeping warm.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour and the next 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add zuchnini and pasta to bowl, and toss well.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zuchnini mixture to pan pressing down.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Carefully turn pancake over, and cook 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 wedges, and serve with marinara sauce.
This was very good. I used angel hair noodles as the recipe stated and served it with Stewed Tomatoes Jefferson. It reminds me of a spaghetti pie only crispy on the edges. Will make again, thanks!
This was really good!! Full of flavour, moist and very satisfying, what a great way to use zucchini!!! Served as directed with marinara sauce, and a mixture of brown/wild rice, excellent dinner. Just the 2 of us so I had some left, and oh dear, this makes excellent midnight munchies!!!! I used ramen noodles, which worked very well. Really enjoyed this recipe, thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.