Recipe by southern_gal12000
Great tasting, easy recipe for your garden vegetables. Another recipe from Heart and Soul Cookboock by Junior League of Memphis but I've made this recipe many times and it's wonderful with anything you are cooking.
Top Review by Momma Vickie
This was very good! I used bacon grease just because I had some already in the skillet, and I added some creole seasoning to it just because I like a touch of heat! It was really delicious! Thanks for posting! Definitely a keeper.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- lemon-pepper seasoning, seaoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Stir in bouillon granules until dissolved.
- Add mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, and onion. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, seasoned salt, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cook 5 minutes more or until tender.