Great tasting, easy recipe for your garden vegetables. Another recipe from Heart and Soul Cookboock by Junior League of Memphis but I've made this recipe many times and it's wonderful with anything you are cooking.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- lemon-pepper seasoning, seaoning
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Stir in bouillon granules until dissolved.
- Add mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, and onion. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, seasoned salt, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cook 5 minutes more or until tender.
This was very good! I used bacon grease just because I had some already in the skillet, and I added some creole seasoning to it just because I like a touch of heat! It was really delicious! Thanks for posting! Definitely a keeper.
This is quick, simple, and absolutely delicious! I followed the recipe as stated and added a little bit of spicy Mrs. Dash. Great recipe southern_gal12000.