1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Tuna Pappardelle
Think of this recipe as a roadmap - salmon or chicken work as well as the tuna, as does any shorter pasta. This recipe goes together quickly once you start cooking, so have everything ready to go. I do not recall where I got this recipe. I always use low-sodium broths.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced or 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 lb zucchini, about 3
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta in salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into ribbons and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots or onions, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add wine and cook until it is almost all evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broth and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, add the cream and simmer until just thickened., 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Add the peas and cook 1 minute.
- 7Add the 1/2 cup cheese and the tuna and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Drain the pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water, and add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the skillet.
- 9Add the zucchini, 3 tbl chives, and lemon juice, and toss gently. Correct seasonings.
- 10Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with remaining chives and 2 tbl parmesan.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Tuna Pappardelle
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 442.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g