Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Salsa Verde may be used as stuffing for any number of vegetables as they come into season such as artichokes, red potatoes and avocados, or fresh fish and sliced cold meat
- 8 medium zucchini
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium potato, cooked cooled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Remove top 1/3 of zucchini and tomatoes and scoop out a small portion.
- Parboil zucchini, then refresh with cold water and pat dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine well th epotatoes, scallions, parsley, dill pickles, garlic, anchovies and lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil until mixture is emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill cavities of vegetables and place two zucchini and one tomato on each plate.