Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never met a zucchini that I didn't like! I have made them in almost every way possible! This is one of my favorites, and I hope you'll enjoy it too. Feel free to use your favorite melting cheese. You could try romano, feta, even Stiltson or one of the Mexican cheeses. They are wonderful, so try your favorite. This recipe is made just for one, and can be a side dish for 2. My hubby will not eat veggies, so I have to make it for one. *This is such a versitile recipe, and you can change the seasonings in the breadcrumbs to fit your own taste and/or style.
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes or 1 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (*can use plain and season it yourself)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Trim zucchini and cut into 3/8-1/2" thick slices, place the pieces into a small baking dish and brush with chicken broth.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Remove from oven but leave oven on.
- Place a slice of tomato on each zucchini slice. Combine bread crumbs with cheese and basil in small bowl. Return to oven and bake 5-6 minutes, until crumbs are lightly browned.
Delicious! Just made this for dinner tonight as a side with pecan crusted talapia. It was a big hit. I made it for 4 servings using Italian breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. It made the house smell wonderful.