Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick Lunch.Easy on calories. Microwaveable. Healthy and inexpensive! Try it...you'll like it!
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil (I prefer fresh and add more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, and extra for garnish.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a 2 1/2 qt.
- Vover with a heavy-duty plastic wrap for the microwave-- don't forget to leave a vent for steam.
- Microwave at HI for 18 min.
- or until the zucchini is tender, stirring after 9 min.
- Now, add tomatoes and microwave at high 1 1/2 min.
- Stir in your lemon juice and the pepper.
- Don't put it back in the microwave your pepper will get very spicy.
- Ladle the soup evenly into 4 bowls and sprinkle them with about a tsp.
- of parmesan cheese each.
- This is a quick and easy lunch at about 38 calories per 1-cup serving.
Loved it! Hearty flavour and didn't seem "low cal", if that makes any sense.
I also used fresh tomatoes.
Added chicken and rice. Used fresh tomatoes.