Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not only a lovely salad to serve, but another great way to use those zucchini up! Light Dressing could be used for a lower fat version.
- 9.85 ml oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, slices sliced
- 1 punnet yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml Italian dressing
- 118.29 ml shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan or on a preheated BBQ and cook onion and zucchini for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender. Remove the oinion and zucchini to a large bowl and add garlic to the pan stirring through for a few minutes until heated throguh, being careful not to burn the garlic.Add garlic to the bowl with the onions and zucchini.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes, basil and dressing to the bowl that has he onion, zucchini and garlic and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Arrange salad on serving plates and sprinkle with parmesan.
Scaled this back for 1 serve and shaved my zucchini with a vegatble peeler and loved the warmth of the zucchini, onion and garlic mixed with the fresh red cherry tomatoes picked from the garden and sharp paremesan cheese and some salty smoked salmon on the side = a great lunch, thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
This is a wonderful salad thanks Tis. I made it using jarred roasted red peppers, red grape tomatoes and fat free balsamic dressing with half a teaspoon of Italian dried herbs mixed through.One word of warning to anyone else making this- it was too dark to walk up to the public BBQs, so I tossed the onion and zucc strips with the oil, piled them onto a tray and broiled/grilled them, turning them occasionally. I had cut ribbons of zucc with a vegie peeler and the strips just didn't brown. They stewed if anything. I should have cut the zuccs thinly by hand and taken the time to walk up to the bbq and grill them on that. Flavour wasn't at all spoiled, but the thin strips were just limp and soft with no nice bits of colour. NOT THE FAULT OF THE RECIPE, BUT MINE!
Even with my adjustments this was amazing. Red grape tomatoes was used and a yellow roasted bell pepper. Not having the Italian Dressing, I substituted Recipe #106114. Since I planted zucchini and tomatoes today, I look forward to having this during the summer months ahead. Made for *Aussie Swap*