Recipe by Mercy
This Mexican-inspired dish can be served with tortillas or over rice.
Top Review by windhorse23
Excellent dish. I confess, while it was cooking I didn't expect much--it didn't smell heavenly. But I was wrong. It was quite tasty, and very easy. With the use of olive oil, it's vegan, too. I only had a smaller can of hominy, but maybe with the larger one it would have been six servings. As is, and as a vegetarian main dish, it was more like four servings. Thanks Mercy.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper