Recipe by Malriah
A fresh and satisfying appetizer. Also good with crostini. Cook time includes refrigeration time. From Bon Appetit magazine.
Top Review by cmpouliot_4844643
The entire family loves this appetizer. It has a clean fresh taste and the pitas are aa terrific match. It takes time to omake but is worth every second of the prep. Try it!
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pita bread, cut into wedges,toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add tomatoes and blanch 20 seconds.
- Peel, seed and chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper, onion, parsley, garlic, basil and oregano and sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire and lemon peel.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Drain off excess liquid.
- Add lemon juice and toss gently.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Serve with toasted pita bread.