Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This hashed browned potato crust wil get you thinking about other recipes you can use it with. It makes a great crust for vegetable custard fillings.
- 1 cup fat-free liquid egg product (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces hash brown potatoes (Simply Potatoes 3 cups)
- 2 zucchini, medium sliced thin (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Combine 1/4 cup egg, onion and parmesan cheese. Stir in potatoes. Spread into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake un-covered a 400 for 35-40 minutes until golden.
- reduce oven to 350.
- Saute zucchini and garlic in hot oil until zucchini is crisp.Cool slightly.
- Place cheese slices in the bottom of crust and arrange zucchini over cheese.
- In a small bowl combine remaining egg, milk, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over zucchini.
- Bake at 350 25-30 minutes until filling is set.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.