Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
a nice moist healthy loaf bread
Make and share this Zucchini and Sweet Potato Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated uncooked peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated garden unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons ground fresh cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Mix in the grated vegetables.
- Combine the dry ingredients and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 70 minutes, or until tester comes away clean.
- Cool in the pan 20 minutes.
- Then invert onto cooling rack.
- When completely cooled wrap in foil, store at room temp.
- Nice moist loaf.
- Can be prepared the day before serving.
This was great! We all really loved it. I love that there is sweet potato in it. I'll definitely be making this often. Thank you!
This was my first time making a loaf with sweet potato and it was really nice. The consistancy is not the same as regular Zucchini bread, but the taste was really good - and a great way to sneak in a few more veggies. Thanks andypandy.
This was a very yummy impressive loaf!! i made i.5 pans actually because there seemed to be alot of batter. My kids really loved this bread and it was all gone in no time. its a great way to get veggies into kids. The only thing that did not make it 5 stars was that it didn't hold together as well as i would like when sliced. I am making it into muffins tonight though, so that should not be a problem. Thanks SO MUCH for this recipe. I will be using it often. :)