Recipe by Sue Lau
A great summertime casserole using yellow squash and zucchini. But if the little zucchini buggers are taking over your house, it's o.k. to use all zucchini in this recipe! :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) cansliced button mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or casserole and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and cook until tender; add zucchini and yellow squash and cook, stirring until just tender; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the condensed soup, sour cream, and mushrooms, mixing well.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the stuffing mix; pour half the stuffing mix into the baking dish.
- Layer the squash mixture over the stuffing mix.
- Cover with the remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.