Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Red onion and zucchini make a nice addition alongside spaghetti noodles.
- 1 large green zucchini (4-6inches)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, bottled
- 1 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and brush with 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) oil.
- Place cut-side down on grill until grill marks form, from 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Slice onion into thick rings. Lightly brush with remaining oil, then grill.from 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cut onion rings into quarters and slice zucchini into 1/4-inch (0.5-cm) pieces.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Immediately stir in dressing and chili-garlic sauce. Stir to coat noodles, then stir in zucchini and onion. Serve immediately.