1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Semi-Dried Tomato Slice/Bake
A recipe modified from Sally Wise from her cookbook "From My Kitchen to Yours". This slice can be served hot or cold and can be made gluten-free or not. You can leave out the bacon for a vegetarian dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs
- 400 g zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 180 g lean bacon, diced (check gluten-free if needed for diet)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese or 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, measure firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flour, use a purchased blended gluten-free flour or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, if not following a gluten-free diet
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
- 2Whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 4Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the slice is set.
- 5Remove the slice from the oven and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Semi-Dried Tomato Slice/Bake
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.4
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 202.1 mg
- Sodium 805.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.2 g