Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe modified from Sally Wise from her cookbook "From My Kitchen to Yours". This slice can be served hot or cold and can be made gluten-free or not. You can leave out the bacon for a vegetarian dish
- 5 eggs
- 400 g zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 180 g lean bacon, diced (check gluten-free if needed for diet)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese or 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, measure firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup flour, use a purchased blended gluten-free flour or 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, if not following a gluten-free diet
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the slice is set.
- Remove the slice from the oven and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
When my husband took his first bite, he said oh my gosh and did not say another word until his plate was clean. This dish was dreamy. Light, rich, and fluffy at the same time. I had to increase the heat to 350 and increase the cook time to get the eggs to set. I love this dish! Everyone needs to give it a try.