Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Stolen from Martha's bulletin board.. don't tell anyone.
Make and share this Zucchini and Rosemary Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 russet potato, peeled,sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- chopped green onion
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and rosemary.
- Add stock and potato; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini; simmer until tender about 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree in blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook cubed zucchini in saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds; drain.
- Rewarm soup over medium heat.
- Ladle into bowls and top with zucchini and croutons.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
This is really good. Loved the consistency that results from being pureed. Please note when blending hot liquids, not to add too much to the blender at one time. The liquid could explode over the top causing you to get burned. Added only one teaspoon of rosemary so as to not overpower the delicate flavor of zucchini. Very tasty, light soup. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.