Stolen from Martha's bulletin board.. don't tell anyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 russet potato, peeled,sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- chopped green onion
- 1Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Mix in garlic and rosemary.
- 4Add stock and potato; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Add sliced zucchini; simmer until tender about 15 minutes.
- 7Working in batches, puree in blender.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook cubed zucchini in saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds; drain.
- 10Rewarm soup over medium heat.
- 11Ladle into bowls and top with zucchini and croutons.
- 12Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Rosemary Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 604.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g