Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Great side dish with a bit of Mexican taste. Goes wonderfully with grilled steaks or chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, strips drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dalt and pepper (or to taste)
- mexican white cheese, crumbled or chopped (such as queso fresco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion in hot oil for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in zucchini, roasted pepper, water, and cumin. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl; top with cheese.