Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Looking for a low-fat, diabetes-friendly Monday night dinner? Look no further - this vegetarian frittata fits the bill! Recipe courtesy of Australian Good Taste magazine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
You have a very satisfying frittata here, & I liked the use of ricotta cheese! The only change I made this time was to use lemon pepper in place of the usual S&P, although another time I'd like to try an egg substitute as well! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 125 g low-fat ricotta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Whisk the egg and garlic together in a large bowl. Gently fold in the zucchini and ricotta, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm-diameter non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the zucchini mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes or until frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre.
- Cook under preheated grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 2 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from grill and cut the frittata into 8 wedges and place on serving plates.
- Divide tomatoes among serving plates and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.