Recipe by The Flying Chef
These are very good and easy to throw together, just make sure the pan is heated quite hot before adding as if it is too cool, it makes it harder to handle them and when it comes to flipping they will tend to want to break up. I served these with a corn relish but feel free to have them on their on. I have included the recipe for the relish if you wish to make it.
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice, should make 11/2 cups cooked
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 -3 eggs, lightly beaten (I say 2-3 depending on the weight of eggs.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs, you may have to adjust amount if using regular as they are of different textur)
- 130 g creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Corn Relish and Cream
- 250 g sweet corn relish
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped finely
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, zucchini, onion, parsley, egg, panko flakes and corn in a large bowl, stir with a wooden spoon to mix well.
- Shape into patties (I usually get about 14 patties from this.).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, once quite hot, but not smoking, add patties in batches and cook until browned on both sides and heated through. Drain on absorbent paper. I served mine with a dollop of corn relish and cream. Recipe follows.
- To Serve: Place salad some salad greens on a plate, arrange patties on this and top with relish if desired.
- Corn Relish and Cream.
- I think this relish is quite delicious and goes great with the patties, I can't get corn relish where I am so I make my own. I am not sure how using a jar of store bought will adjust the taste, (as this is what I have listed for the recipe.) but I am sure it will still taste great.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. That's it easy peasy, This makes about 2 cups.