Recipe by Gatorbek
I got this from my mother in law, it's a great side dish casserole for a family-style meal. Good, home cookin'!
Top Review by loof
This rice dish has a delicious taste and healthy ingredients. I also had the problem that my rice was not quite cooked - a little more water and possibly using grated cheddar instead of sliced American would help this. All in all a tasty side that has the added bonus of being made all in one dish! Thanks for posting!
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 -2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 6 slices American cheese
- 4 -5 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Pour water into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Layer zucchini in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and seasoned salt.
- Layer uncooked rice over zucchini.
- Follow with layers: sliced tomato, cheese, sliced onion, chopped bacon.
- Cook covered for 45 minutes, then remove cover.
- Continue cooking until bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes more.