Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this from my mother in law, it's a great side dish casserole for a family-style meal. Good, home cookin'!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Pour water into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Layer zucchini in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and seasoned salt.
- Layer uncooked rice over zucchini.
- Follow with layers: sliced tomato, cheese, sliced onion, chopped bacon.
- Cook covered for 45 minutes, then remove cover.
- Continue cooking until bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes more.
This rice dish has a delicious taste and healthy ingredients. I also had the problem that my rice was not quite cooked - a little more water and possibly using grated cheddar instead of sliced American would help this. All in all a tasty side that has the added bonus of being made all in one dish! Thanks for posting!
This dish is very tasty. But my rice wasn't all cooked. And I used white long grain rice. Maybe a little bit more water would have been better. I used cheddar cheese, grated. Thanks Gatorbek :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
This was excellent. I can't wait to use fresh garden tomatoes in this. I used brown rice, so I added an extra 1/4 c of water and cooked about 1 hr. I used 2% shredded cheddar and had to add a yellow squash in the mix. So tasty.