Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Zucchini, Potatoes, Cheese and onion make this an unusual frittata that requires no additional bread- great for carb watchers. Also tastes amazing wrapped in a tortilla the next day as leftover breakfast surprise!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large potato, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced bell pepper (red, green, or yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped turkey ham (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, saute the zucchini, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions, and peppers in the butter till not raw anymore, about 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a glass 13x9 Baking dish.
- In a bowl, crack in the eggs and beat well to totally unify the yolks and whites.
- Add the fresh parsley and dill to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Add the shredded cheese to the egg mix and stir well.
- Now add the vegetable mixture and fold into the egg mixture softly, but thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the entire egg mixture into the buttered baking dish and place in the oven on center rack for 35-40 minutes.
- Start to watch the frittata after about 30 minutes to make sure it doesn't overcook in your oven (most ovens vary). You want it to be slightly golden on top, springy to touch and no evidence of runniness.
Delicious. I chose to omit the ham addition suggestion. Made for Recipes Without Photos Tag Game. :)