I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, and changed it up a bit. I use a whole wheat Zesty breadcrumb my store has, but Italian seasoned are also really good too. Also, I sometimes change up the veggies according to what is seasonal: broccoli, carrots, onions, parsnips, or quartered fresh mushrooms. I love this cause it is really easy to throw together and change with what I have in the fridge. Just remember the cooking times of the veggies - squash and peppers cook faster than potatoes. Either cut the faster cooking veggies larger.....or cut the slower cooking veggies a bit smaller. This way everything can cook together and come out tasty!
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered and cut into large pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasoned bread crumbs in the Ziploc over the veggies and toss to coat again.
- Put all of this in the baking dish, and season with paprika, salt, and pepper and toss again to coat.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.