Recipe by Spinnenkatie
This recipe doesn't have tomato sauce, but it's nice and moist anyway! (Olive oil and vegetable jucies take care of dryness) I was digging around in the kitchen, craving pasta but not wanting red sauce again and threw this together. It's easy and it was a hit!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Extremely yummy! Tastes like pasta with veggies and pesto, gotta love it :) I used gluten free pasta and instead of parmesan cheese pecorino which didn't really make a difference in taste I guess. Thanks for sharing!
Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 1 (8 ounce) box whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup portabella mushroom
- 3 small zucchini
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and olive oil to the skillet and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the squash and basil and saute for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is finished, add it and the parmesan to the veggies and stir. It's ready!
- If wanted, you can add meatballs to this for some extra protein. (I have a recipe for turkey meatballs as well).