Recipe by CatlingMex
Make a big batch of this and eat it for 2 or 3 days in a row, as it keeps well. Sprinkle with a crumbly white cheese before serving or eat plain.
- 1 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (or thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel zucchini and chop into 1/2-inch cubes or thin strips about 2 inches long. (If it is fresh and tender, peeling isn't necessary.)
- Chop or slice peppers into strips (according to what you did with the zucchini and onion; make it all similar in shape).
- Stir together zucchini, peppers, and onion.
- In a jar with a tight lid, make dressing by shaking vinegar, oil, and sugar.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss gently.
- Cover and chill a few hours or overnight.
- Stir before serving with a slotted spoon so that the excess dressing runs off.