Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is adapted from Canadian Living Fast Fix Five Ingredient cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 zucchini, coarsly grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta, grated
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic along with the herb seasoning and pepper in the oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and saute another 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium high, add the shredded zucchini and saute until heated through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Toss the mixture with the warm pasta and cheese of choice.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Note: If using Feta it does not need to be grated just crumbled to the size you like.
I hate to give this 3 stars but my family really didn't care for it. We had fresh peppers and zucchini from the garden that we used and went with fresh grated parmesan for the cheese. The kids didn't like it at all and DH and I thought it was ok, but that was after we added additional garlic, salt, pepper and cheese.
I did add chicken to this dish. It was liked by all in family.
Whats not to love about fresh veggies and pasta? The peppers and zucchini are yummy and the simple herb and cheese seasonings were right on. No need at all for any fat drenched sauce so this is not only great tasting, it's also very good for you. Made for Photo Tag.