Recipe by MrsMM
This is an Indian take on a greek recipe I found on the Zaar while searching for a new way to make zucchini. I wanted to make an Indian dish, but never thought to pair these 2 vegetables. Turned out great, and DH loved it too. We are low carb, and ate it plain, which was very good, but it would go so well with rotis, naan, tortilla or rice!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or 2 fresh if you prefer)
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil, of your choice
- 2 green zucchini, cut into half rounds
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep non stick skillet on medium/high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, cumin seeds. Cook til onions are clear and soft.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, chili, chili powder, garam masala, curry powder, salt.
- Cook mixture until soft and melded together, about 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini pieces and peas, stir.
- Cook on medium/low heat covered for about 12 mins, stirring frequently.