Recipe by Tisme
Looking for something different to do with your zucchini, try this its fantastic, and no yeast!! Grated carrot of pumpkin can be substitued with the zucchini, and different herbs could be added. I like it with a savoury butter A friend use maple syrup on top of hers, something I have not yet tried!!!!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Tisme- this is a flavorful and great bread. I love the mix of spices and veggies. Everyone who had a piece (I had several while warm) enjoyed this immensely. I used zuchinni frozen from the garden and preshredded. I thawed and drained, squeezed til dry. I also reduced the sugar content to 1tsp. I absolutely will make this again. I will try it with some wheat flour blend next time. YUMMY! Made for Aussie/NZ Swap 35
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsley grated zucchini
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, extra for topping
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line the base of a 19cm x 9cm loaf pan.
- Place zucchini on kitchen paper and dry well.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest into a bowl and mix well. Add zucchini to dry ingredients with parmesan cheese and pepper and mix lightly with a fork. Make a hollow in the centre. Whisk together milk, oil, rosemary and eggs. Pour mixture into hollow and stir until smooth. Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top of the loaf. Sprinkle with the extra rosemary and pinenuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a scewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before turning the loaf out.