1/7 Photos of Zucchini and Parmesan Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Looking for something different to do with your zucchini, try this its fantastic, and no yeast!! Grated carrot of pumpkin can be substitued with the zucchini, and different herbs could be added. I like it with a savoury butter A friend use maple syrup on top of hers, something I have not yet tried!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups coarsley grated zucchini
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, extra for topping
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line the base of a 19cm x 9cm loaf pan.
- 2Place zucchini on kitchen paper and dry well.
- 3Put flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest into a bowl and mix well. Add zucchini to dry ingredients with parmesan cheese and pepper and mix lightly with a fork. Make a hollow in the centre. Whisk together milk, oil, rosemary and eggs. Pour mixture into hollow and stir until smooth. Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top of the loaf. Sprinkle with the extra rosemary and pinenuts.
- 4Bake for 50 minutes or until a scewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before turning the loaf out.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Parmesan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 504.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of