1/3 Photos of Zucchini and Orzo Salad
Recipe source:Bon Appetit July 1986)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place zucchini in colander and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt, toss and let drain for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Squeeze dry and transfer to a large bowl, fluffing to seperate strands of zucchini.
- 2In a food processor mix together the basil and olive oil for 1 minute and then drop garlic through the feed tube and blend until smooth. Add to zucchini.
- 3In a saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and orzo and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, stirring occasionally (10 minutes). Drain. Add to zucchini, toss. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Before serving add lemon juice and pepper. Garnish with basil sprigs and olives, toss.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3557.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g