Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a very 'easy' recipe that is really quite delicious - especially if you serve it with bbq'd meat - souvlaki and kebab come to mind immediately, but any grilled meat would be delicious served with this alongside. You certainly don't need to do both the zucchini and the eggplant together, you can do just the one.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced thin lengthwise (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1 -2 large zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise (1/4 inch thick slices)
- flour (for dredging)
- olive oil, to fry in
To Serve at Table
- grated mizithra cheese
- tzatziki (#59336)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until quite hot.
- Dredge the eggplant and zucchini strips in flour, shake off excess flour and fry in olive oil until dark brown on both sides (this will take about 5 minutes per batch).
- Remove from oil and place on paper towelling to drain while you repeat frying with the remaining strips. (you may have to add a bit of oil to the pan - or not). Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the grated mizithra and accompanied by tzatziki (#59336). The idea is to get dab of tzatziki and spear a piece of eggplant or zucchini on your fork.