Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy sounding veggie recipe from Dr. Dean Ornish's "Reversing Heart Disease" book. I haven't tried it yet, but the ingredients are on my shopping list for next week...
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth (original recipe calls for white wine)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 dried ancho chile
- Cook the mushrooms, garlic, black pepper and oregano in the broth (or wine) until cooked through.
- Add the zucchini and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the Ancho chili puree - to make the puree soak the dried chili in water until it plumps back up then puree in a food processor with a little water (if needed) until smooth.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.