Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low Carb, delicious and simple to make.
Make and share this Zucchini and Mushroom Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- Cut zucchini in half and then into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat enough olive oil to saute in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Stir-fry until the zucchini and mushrooms are just tender and the onion is tender/crisp (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Good suggestions. I always add fresh lemon juice at the end, and sometimes gated parm. We have this very often when the zuccs come on. Luckily, my husband never tires of it.
Simple and yummy way to use the garden's zucchini supply. I used a bit more mushrooms than called for just because I needed to use them. I'd love to make this again with a mix of zucchini and yellow summer squash. Thanx for a great summer side dish!
This was and great quick side dish, made exactly as stated. I used a Vidalia sweet onion. Served with a sliced chicken breast and the combo was perfect.