Recipe by Sous Chef Sue
Great for brunch.
Top Review by Brenda.
*Made for PAC Spring 2008* I really wish I could give you more than 5 stars for this recipe. It was absolutely wonderful! I used a combo of swiss and gruyere for the cheese. Your directions are spot on, right down to the baking time. You're right, this would be a perfect brunch dish.Thank You for a new favorite.
- 226.79 g bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 44.37 ml butter
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 226.79 g zucchini, sliced into coins
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml cream
- 9 inch pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and set aside.
- Saute onion in butter until wilted. Add mushrooms and zucchini and saute 4 more minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 more minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place bacon over bottom of pie crust. Top with grated cheese and spoon vegetable mixture over the cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until filling is set and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.