Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
This also makes a great pasta salad to serve with simply cooked salmon or leftover roast chicken. Just swap the linguine for a pasta shape like bows or spirals, drain well then mix with the other ingredients and cool before serving - the pasta will absorb the flavors while it cools.
- 14 ounces linguine
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 12 -16 basil leaves, torn
- Cook the linguine following the packet instructions, then drain quickly so some cooking water is still clinging to the strands.
- Tip back into the cooking pan with the grated zucchini, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and most of the basil.
- Season generously and toss everything together using tongs.
- Scatter with the remaining basil leaves and serve.
I love this and make it weekly through the zucchini season. It's very quick and easy. I use a food processor for the zucchini and basil.