Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 strip bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces zucchini, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tiny pasta, shapes
- 1 egg
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- Combine the oil, bacon and leek in a heavy saucepan; saute, stirring over low until well coated with oil. cover and cook over low heat until the leek is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini and 2 cups of the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta.
- Cook, covered, until the zucchini is very soft, about 15 minutes. Add the last cup of broth.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan. With the soup over low heat, stir in the egg in a steady stream.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil. Serve with more cheese on top.