Zucchini and Leek Soup With Pasta
- Combine the oil, bacon and leek in a heavy saucepan; saute, stirring over low until well coated with oil. cover and cook over low heat until the leek is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini and 2 cups of the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta.
- Cook, covered, until the zucchini is very soft, about 15 minutes. Add the last cup of broth.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan. With the soup over low heat, stir in the egg in a steady stream.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil. Serve with more cheese on top.