1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Hake in Puff Pastry
I was in Spain for Thanks Giving and I bought a cooking magazine called “Comer Bien” Great recipes. This is one of them. The original name of the recipe is “Hojaldre de merluza y calabacin” The recipe yields 4 portions; my daughter and I eat 2 one day and we had the other 2 the next day. It reheats very well and actually tasted even better the second day. You can substitute the hake for “your favorite” white fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box puff pastry (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- 8 ounces hake fillets
- 12 ounces zucchini, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8 green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Sautee garlic in olive oil.
- 2Add zucchini and olives. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- 3Turn of the heat and mix in the basil.
- 4Meanwhile boil fish fillets in water seasoned with a little salt, the carrot, celery, onion and wine; for about 2-3 minutes. Drain and flake. (Discard vegetables).
- 5Cut the pastry sheets in 8 rectangles.
- 6Sprinkle the center of 4 of the rectangles with equals amount of breadcrumbs.
- 7Divide1/2 of the sautéed zucchinis on top of the 4 rectangles with the bread crumbs.
- 8Add a layer of hake on top of the zucchinis and finish with a layer of zucchinis.
- 9Cover the 4 rectangles with the remaining pastry. Seal the edges pressing firmly with a fork.
- 10Bake in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Hake in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.8
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 952.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g