Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, easy and it uses those zucchinis that everyone keeps giving you. Do ahead and put in the oven 45 minutes before dinner.
- 8 cups diced fresh zucchini, peel on
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Butter a 13x9-inch oven-proof dish.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients, mix well.
- Turn into the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until veggies are tender and the top is lightly browned.
Lovely way to serve Zucchini,its nice to able to prepare in advance so you can just pop it in the oven.I did substitute the green pepper for Red and half the chedder for a blue cheese(alocal on e here in S.Africa)just for a variation.
This was really delicious - and an easy way to use a lot of garden veggies. Instead of chopping the veggies, I sliced them thinly in the food processor, along with a small potato that needed cooking. I also used feta instead of cheddar, as my grocery store frequently does not have cheddar available. The feta goes beautifully with the veggies. I liked the fact that no sauteing was required.
Very savory! I cut this recipe in half and baked it in an 8x8 dish, no problem. I used both fresh green and yellow peppers. (which normally I don't eat peppers at all!) I loved the flavors...but do eat it right from the oven; it didn't reheat well. (was mushy)