Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pesto makes a delightfully fresh marinade for thinly sliced zucchini and grape tomatoes. Plus, it is a no cook recipe making it a perfect summer dish for when it is too hot to do anything but drink spiked lemonade.
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin rounds (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 15 grape tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine pesto, oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, on a platter. Top with grape tomatoes and feta and drizzle pesto mixture on top. Cover and let stand at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, sit on the porch with a fly swatter and put some Grey Goose in your lemonade.
I have made this twice in the past week! Very good, easy recipe and makes a great presentation! Made for Think Pink 2112.
This was incredible! I've tried to find a recipe with zucchini that my 4 & 6 year old boys will eat and enjoy. This recipe sounded wonderful, and I had pesto on hand, and grape tomatoes galore from my garden, so I decided to try it. It was a raging success. Both boys asked for 2nd's and 3rd's = Major success!!!! Added bonus was the easiness of preparation and no cooking needed! I agree with other posts about how gorgeous and colorful it is too! Will be a family favorite for sure!
A perfect combinations of flavors. And colors! This is a gorgeous salad. And insanely tasty. Thanks!