Recipe by Tish
The cheese contrasts wonderfully with the subtle sweetness of the potato. This is a great vegetarian side dish that I also ate as a lite meal. I think even the non-veg may enjoy this simple to prepare "stuffed" sweet potato
Top Review by tarareno
Great flavor BUT I recommend not restuffing the potato. I made the whole mixture into mashed potatoes. The stuffed shell added nothing and the filling was superb enough on its own.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 -4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup creamy goat cheese
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving a sturdy shell, about 1/4 inch thick all around.
- Transfer the scooped-out potato to a mixing bowl and mash coarsely.
- Heat the margarine in a medium skillet.
- Add the zucchini and sauté, stirring frequently, until it is golden and tender.
- Add the scallions and sauté for another minute or so.
- Combine the zucchini mixture with the mashed sweet potato in the mixing bowl.
- Add the goat cheese and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Stuff the mixture back into the potato shells.
- Heat as needed in the microwave or in a preheated 400-degree oven, and serve.