A great way to use veggies fresh from the garden! With fennel basil, and fontina cheese, this is a taste treat!
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced onions
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml ground fennel
- 946.36 ml sliced zucchini, quarter lengthwise,then slice crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 946.36 ml chopped fresh tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- pizza dough (homemade or storebought)
- 473.18 ml grated Fontina cheese (optional)
- In a skillet saute the onions, garlic, and salt in the olive oil on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ground fennel and zucchini and cook until the zucchini starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil.
- Allow to cool somewhat and drain any excess liquid before spreading on the pizza crust.
- Then top with cheese, if you wish, and bake according to the pizza crust directions.