Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use veggies fresh from the garden! With fennel basil, and fontina cheese, this is a taste treat!
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced onions
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml ground fennel
- 946.36 ml sliced zucchini, quarter lengthwise,then slice crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 946.36 ml chopped fresh tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- pizza dough (homemade or storebought)
- 473.18 ml grated Fontina cheese (optional)
- In a skillet saute the onions, garlic, and salt in the olive oil on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ground fennel and zucchini and cook until the zucchini starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil.
- Allow to cool somewhat and drain any excess liquid before spreading on the pizza crust.
- Then top with cheese, if you wish, and bake according to the pizza crust directions.
Oh. My. God. This is the most delicious pizza I have ever tasted. The seasonings were perfectly blended together...honestly, I'd be perfectly happy eating the veggie mixture and skipping the crust and cheese, it's just that good. The pizza was filling, yet I didn't feel weighed down by eating it (which allowed me to eat an extra slice)! My DH, who hates vegetables, told me I have to make this again! I used only 1 cup of fontina and 1.5 tsp. of salt. I can't wait to make this for company!
While I like the taste combination, there was way too much toppings for the pizza, Maybe twice what we needed..
This was awesome and very easy to make. I served it to friends at my Oscar party and everyone loved it. Only thing I'd do differently is to drain the veggies and tomatoes one more time before applying to pizza. Mine got a little soggy with the extra liquid, but it still tasted great.